Every Child Pediatrics is working to provide COVID-19 vaccines at our clinic sites to patients. We will notify patients as this becomes available.
The COVID-19 Vaccine roll-out is being facilitated by the State of Colorado. Please reference CDPHE for the most up-to-date information. This webpage will be updated as needed.
WHO can get vaccinated:
The state of Colorado will begin offering COVID-19 vaccines to anyone age 16 years or older starting April 2nd, 2021.
To see what phase Colorado is currently in and to see a list of who qualifies for the COVID-19 vaccine by phase, please go to the CDPHE page on COVID-19 Vaccines for Coloradans.
As of late March 2021: People age 16-17 years old can only get the Pfizer vaccine, people age 18 years or older can get any of the currently available vaccines. To learn more about the different vaccines available in Colorado, please visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/Learn-about-COVID-19-vaccines.
WHERE to get vaccinated:
If your child meets the eligibility requirements to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, see below for some resources that may help you get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment for your child. Please know that there are many people looking to get vaccinated, so you may have to try more than once or be put on a waitlist to get your vaccine.:
- Colorado Mass Vaccination Sites: Colorado’s “Vaccines for All” Mass Vaccination Program through Centura Health. Drive-up vaccinations will be available by appointment to those who meet criteria. Appointments can be made through this link at Centura Health.
- HealthOne Hospitals: You can go here (https://healthonecares.com/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine-information/) to get information to sign up online or call for an appointment to get your covid vaccine (appointment required!).
- National Jewish Hospital is also a COVID-19 vaccine site. If you are a patient at NJ, please contact your NJ doctor. If not, click here (https://www.nationaljewish.org/patients-visitors/patient-info/important-updates/coronavirus-information-and-resources/covid-19-vaccines) for more information and to sign up for an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine.
- The CDPHE page on where you can get vaccinated has lots of information about where to get vaccinated across the state of Colorado (including some local pharmacies and hospital systems).
- Tri-County Health Department also has an area on their website to sign up for an appointment or to be placed on a waitlist.
- Children’s Hospital of Colorado is a COVID-19 vaccine site and will be contacting and scheduling their own patients as they meet the criteria.
- If you are a patient at Children’s Hospital Colorado (any location), they should be reaching out to you. You can also reach out to your Children’s Hospital Colorado specialty clinic for more information and ask to be put on the list for an appointment.
- Check out the COVID-19 Vaccine Spotter website to find local pharmacies that may be providing the COVID-19 Vaccine. Pharmacy appointment slots tend to open and fill quickly, so keep checking their websites.
If your child is an Every Child Pediatrics patient, meets current criteria to be vaccinated, has not heard back from your specialist clinic, and has not been able to get an appointment using the above information, then please call our office and our nursing team will try to assist you (see “For More Info” below).
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Visit the CDPHE website for more details about the Colorado COVID-19 Vaccine roll out
- You can call the Colorado state COVID-19 Vaccine hotline at 1-877-CO VAX CO (1-877-268-2926) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Multiple languages are available. Please note that there may be long hold times due to demand.
- For more information about the COVID 19 vaccine please visit:
If your child is / you are an Every Child Pediatrics patient, and after reviewing the above information, you still have questions, please reach out to our clinics, and our nursing team will try to assist you. Please call during standard business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm). We have a goal to get back to you as soon as possible, but if there are high volumes of calls it may take up to a week to hear back from our team.