May 4 Update
For Every Child Pediatrics Families:
At Every Child Pediatrics, we are taking the following steps to prevent the spread of infection and keep our patients safe.
- To reduce the risk of exposure, we are scheduling well-child appointments in the mornings and early afternoons and sick appointments in the late afternoons with a break in between to prevent overlap in the waiting rooms.
- Patients and visitors will be screened with a temperature and asked about symptoms of illness.
- We ask that all patients and visitors wear face coverings at all times.
- We ask that patients are accompanied by 1 adult only.
- All Every Child Pediatrics staff will have infection screening at the beginning of each work day and will wear masks at all times.
Our offices are safe for our patients and their families. If your child’s well visit was cancelled due to COVID-19 or they are now due for a well visit, please call us to schedule. 303-450-3690.
March 25 Update
For Every Child Pediatrics families:
WE ARE OPEN!
Colorado is under stay-at-home orders, but Every Child Pediatrics offices in Lakewood, Thornton, Aurora, Denver, Cortez and Dolores are open because we are essential providers and we are permitted to continue seeing patients.
To reduce exposure, we are scheduling well-child appointments in the morning and sick appointments in the afternoons.
We also are offering virtual visits with medical providers, Behavioral Health Providers and our Registered Dietitian.
Certain non-urgent appointments are being rescheduled for later in the Spring so that we have available slots for urgent appointments.
Please bring only one adult with the patient when you come to the office.
You can reach us at 303-450-3690 to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment. Thank you!
March 17 Update
For Every Child Pediatrics families:
- State public health leaders are advising most children and adults who are sick or who have been exposed to the virus to stay home and not to get tested.
- We want sick patients to stay home if they don’t need to go to the hospital or see a medical professional because that will protect other people and limit the spread of illnesses.
- If your child is sick, please call us at 303-450-3690 and we will connect you with a nurse to provide guidance. If your child needs to be seen in our office, we will schedule an appointment. If it is appropriate for your child to go to the hospital, we will advise you to do that.
- We are starting to offer virtual visits with our medical providers so that your child can be seen through a phone or computer screen and you can ask questions. The virtual visit option is a convenient and safe way to connect with your medical provider. You can ask about that option when talking with a scheduler.
To limit exposure, we are taking the following steps:
- Temporarily stopping dental visits and rescheduling non-urgent appointments and appointments that don’t include immunizations.
- Scheduling well-child visits in the mornings and sick visits in the afternoons.
- Limiting the number of people who come to our office. IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE BRING ONLY ONE PARENT OR GUARDIAN. IF POSSIBLE, DON’T BRING SIBLINGS OR OTHER GUESTS.
Thank you for your understanding and please check back here for more updates.
As you are aware, COVID-19 is a new type of Corona virus that is spreading across Colorado and around the world.
The local healthcare system is currently unable to test everyone, even if you have mild symptoms or have been near others who have the virus.
The most important things we can do to help slow down the spread of the disease is to practice social distancing. This means staying home, staying away from people if we are sick and staying away from people who are sick. If you must go out for urgent matters, keep 6 feet away from other people.
The populations who face the most risk are:
- Older people (over age 60), especially those over 80 years.
- People who have chronic medical conditions like heart, lung, or kidney disease, or diabetes.
- Older people with chronic medical conditions.
We are following the guidance of public health officials, who are saying that only certain people should be tested for COVID-19.
We understand this is a scary time and we want to help you and your children be healthy and safe.
March 10 Update
Dear parents and guardians,
Here are additional steps we are taking to support patients and staff:
- When families call about patients who have a fever or respiratory symptoms, our schedulers are screening them for potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Our nurse team is speaking to families by phone with sick children to help them determine next steps.
- We are providing masks in our offices and ask any patient with fever or respiratory symptoms who comes to our offices to wear a mask.
- All front desk and clinical employees are wearing masks when in close contact with patients.
- Employees are following additional sanitation protocols in our offices.
- We are following health department protocols for testing and reporting potential cases of COVID-19 and providing guidance to families related to quarantine and steps to reduce spread of the virus.
- We are finalizing a detailed emergency plan in the event of widespread impact, with the intent of keeping our offices open so that patients can continue to receive care.
Here’s what you can do:
- Call us at 303-450-3690 if your child is sick. We are always available to give advice. Unless it is a true emergency, we encourage you to call us before taking your child to the emergency department.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick. Sneeze and cough into your sleeve rather than into the air.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Keep at least a 30-day supply of prescription and over-the-counter medication that you use on a regular basis.
- Stay informed about COVID-19 updates from the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
- Visit our website for resources.
Thank you for bringing your child to Every Child Pediatrics. We look forward to seeing you soon.